You are hereHome >
The SALSA Project Communication and Learning group provides a platform to share knowledge and discuss small farms, small food businesses and their contribution to Food and Nutrition Security (FNS), starting with the learning from the SALSA project.
SALSA (“Small farms, small food businesses and sustainable food security”), a project funded by the European Commission through the Horizon 2020 Research and Innovation Programme, is expected to develop a better understanding of the way in which small farms and food businesses can contribute to FNS in an increasingly globalized and uncertain world, now and in the future.
The platform allows to share events, news, resources and facilitates knowledge exchange and joint learning towards the objectives of the project, which include:
- To assess the role, means and capacity of small farms and small food businesses in relation to FNS
- To improve international cooperation and research for guiding decision makers in enhancing the role of small farms in FNS
- To establish a Community of Practice to consult, validate and progress the SALSA project research and enrich the knowledge base on relevant questions
Everyone who's interested in discussing small farms, small food businesses and their contribution to Food and Nutrition Security (FNS). In particular, food system actors such as agricultural producers, consumers, food retailers, civil society organizations, policy makers, researchers and media.
To subscribe, please click on "Register" at the top-right of this page.
HOW IT WORKS
Members of the group can join two types of discussions forums:
- MODERATED DISCUSSIONS: these are based on each of the 12 key deliverables of the SALSA project. Upon finalization of each key deliverable, a synthesis of the result will be shared, and opened for discussion for a period of two weeks. Each discussion will be moderated by the deliverable’s responsible partner. For more information, please see: Resources > SALSA Living Document.
- FREE DISCUSSIONS: This is an “Open Space for Q&A”. This space will be open throughout the full project implementation. As an open space, all registered members of the group can participate and share questions and experiences relevant to SALSA objectives. SALSA Work Package leaders are invited to follow-up to ensure that questions and topics raised by group members are addressed.
Throughout the project implementation, the members of the group will be invited to participate in a user feedback survey that will allow us to continuously improve the service provided.
SALSA - Small farms, small food businesses and sustainable food security
This project has received funding from the European Union's Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under grant agreement No 677363